Main Activities and Purposes of the Society
- support scientific research on the integration of traditional healing practices into counselling psychology, psychotherapy, and psychiatry
- to serve as an educational forum (exchanging academic papers, sharing clinical approaches) to scholars, researchers, therapists and other practitioners in the community who are interested in integrating traditional healing approaches into the practice of psychology, psychotherapy and psychiatry
- to organize conferences and seminars for the dissemination of research on traditional healing and psychological practices
- to establish an international journal for the dissemination of theory and research on the integration of traditional healing practices into counseling psychology, psychotherapy and psychiatry
- to foster communication and collaboration between traditional healers and counseling psychologists and psychotherapists so that can work together in research, training and practice
- to recognize excellence in scholarship and practice in this field through awards.